Friday, May 1, 2009

A pleasant weekend


A good weekend.

Saturday, after Ben finished Gymnastics, we went to an open house at Taza Chocolate. Very good. Especially the iced hot chocolate made from their Mexican chocolate. I couldn't find the a recipe for the iced version but a version of the hot chocolate is here.

During the day Wendy worked on fixing the chicken tractor. I changed the oil in various contraptions. I borrowed an oil sucker. (Harbor Freight has one here.) I want one for my very own. Oil change for the snow blower from start to finish: 4 minutes. Most of that time was waiting for the new oil to pour into the crankcase. Very, very cool.

Saturday night we attended a play acted out by the children of friends: How to Eat Like a Child. Not bad. Not bad at all. I think Ben had more fun than we did. Here's a video from a different school.

Sunday we went to the Rock and Gem show in Topsfield. I bought more rocks to tumble. When this batch comes through I'll put them up. Many fossils. Not as big as last year's. I think the economy has had an impact.

Then, that night, I racked some beer and monitored the Marechal Foch wine I've been trying to finish. For some reason, it goes for a bit and then stops. I think I started with bad yeast so I put in some new yeast. It's significantly better but not great. Not sure what I'm going to do about it. Maybe add a bunch of vodka, call it a cordial and declare victory. Sort of like Nixon and Viet Nam.

A good weekend.
==================
Wall of Idiots
Diamond in Trouble

Links of Interest
Kaleidoscopic
Your Brain on Junk Food
3D Printing Pottery
How Electric Cars Work
Largest Model of Saturn V Ever
V: Recession Sing-a-long
Okay: This is Truly Strange: Shatner Quake and here
V: Bruce Campbell Sings Hungry Like the Wolf
Marvel Comics Movies: Worst to Best
Review of the New Start Trek
10 Mutants in Search of a Movie
V: Scratch
V: Attic Music
V: Maker Revolution
Anamorphosis
The Vanishing Car: Here. Here.
The Catacombs of Rome
The Ancient New York Tsunami
Sailing Satellites
Weird Science
The 7 Deadly Sins and Science!
Cumulative Carbon

DIY
Healthy Recipes
Bending Plexiglas
Animal Detector: Here. Here. Here.
Bike Maintenance
Sleeping Bag Suit
Paper Tube Faces
V: MATE ROV
Put It On A Bike

No comments:

Post a Comment