Monday, August 27, 2012

Okay, Now We're Being Stupid

Turns out that all of the victims at the OK Corral-- I mean Empire State Building-- other than the shooter's intended victim were hit by police.

That's right. The shooter shot his target. Killed him. Two police officers killed the shooter and wounded nine other people. (See here. Discussion here.)

There are those that are better discussing the assholity of what happened. I'll take a different tack.

Pay for a trained police officer just out of the academy is $44K. (See here.) After training costing thousands.

So: New York City paid to have nine people shot.

And I'm certain somebody will state that I couldn't do any better in the same circumstances.

To which I respond that if I were paid and trained to be a police officer I damned well better.

No comments:

Post a Comment