Monday, December 14, 2009

Shop News


(Picture from here.)

Worked on the shop over the weekend. Turns out Rockler had this little Jet dust collector. (See here.) They had it marked down to $100. Turns out I had $125 in gift cards given to me over the last couple of years. But the collector was just too small: 500 CFM.

Damn, I said. I was going to this unit. But when I talked about it with the staff, they pointed out that since the collection bag and exhaust bag were the same thing, the unit didn't do so well when it started to get past half full.

Then, I thought: why not buy two of the smaller units? Link them both to an intermediate trash can with a "Y" juction. I probably won't get 1000 CFM out of the deal but I bet I get 750.

So, I bought them and some additional material. Total = $200. Right now I'm using one of them and moving it around as I need it. I need to make space for the full assembly.

So I made a couple of window inserts over the weekend. All in all, a good time.
=========================================
All DIY. All the time.

DIY
Mini toy car launcher and here
Rocket fuel from aluminum and ice
Interestingly dangerous gift guide
Vintage book hardware
Harvesting battery chemicals
Breakdancing robot
Wimhurst experiments
Christmas and Chemistry
Camera in a rocket
V: Wimhurst Experiments
V: DIY Electrostatic Meter
Wire bending machine
Make your own camera film
Machined figures
Alien projector and here
Electronics handbook
V: Chair from molten plastic waste
V: Cyborg piano
V: Festo cyber kite
Oak wine barrel furniture
Cardboard taxidermy

No comments:

Post a Comment