Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jumbo Ears!

(Picture from here.)

My son has bacterial pneumonia. He's getting over it (thanks for asking) but over the weekend, he had a temperature of 104.1.

He woke Wendy up-- there were logistical rather than feminist reasons for this.

Anyway, it's about 3 AM and I get up to use the facilities. I hear from the bathroom the following:

Fishy, fishy in the water
Won't you come and eat my daughter
Fishy, fishy in the water
Let me come and join the slaughter
Then we'll go and fill the larder

Jumbo ears! Jumbo ears!
Will Smith!
Drink that beer!
Jumbo ears! Jumbo ears!
Will Smith!
Eat that deer!

I stand at the bathroom door, trying to push this sound through the early morning brain grease. Wendy comes out and explains she was trying to bring down the fever with a cool bath.

"Gronk? Huzza fitz muh?" I cleverly reply.

She shoos me back to bed.

Some things are best not viewed too clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment