Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More idiots.


On my Wall of Idiots section there are a lot of references to idiots from the right. Some people I know have rebuked me, saying that I represent more issues from the right than from the left because I am biased.

Well, I am biased. But I don't think that's the reason.

I think the reason there are more representatives on the Wall of Idiots from the right than the left is that there are more idiots on the right than the left.

It's like corruption. Do you want your corruption wholesale or retail? Retail is when individual politicians get their hands caught in the cookie jar or are found with cookie in Argentine. Wholesale corruption is when you appoint judges or change the law so the corruption isn't illegal. Sometimes it's mandatory. Eliot Spitzer is retail corruption. Tom DeLay and the K Street Project is wholesale corruption.

The big issue of right vs. left in this country comes down to money. We have Fox "News" and all its ilk, including Rush Limbaugh, etc., that peddle for the right. They make a lot of money and they have a lot of money to swing around. The left doesn't have these sort of money presence in the media.

I will say that I miss a good right wing. The conservative ideology is not just idiocy. There are critical things to say about liberalism and government run programs. But that should be a debate. People who stand on the sidelines and make up things are debating the issue, they're trying to stampede constituents for a purpose.

And their purpose is not mine. Or yours.

==================================
Wall of Idiots
Lies about Obama's Montana Town Hall
Lies about how good American health care is
Lies in the RNC's Bill of "Rights"
Lies in August
Lies about HR 3200
Lies from the Club for "Growth"

Political Links
Stronger Prospects for Health Care

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Steven! I'm sorry : I'm not adding any smart comment to your post : I simply didn't find any other way to contact you.
    I'm currently translating one of your short-stories, The Great Caruso, for the French magasine Fiction. And I have to confess I have no idea what the Turban-Kings are.
    If you can (and want to) help me, please contact me at linaka5@hotmail.com.

    Merci, merci, merci!

    PS: And I'm a smoker, and I love Norma.

    ReplyDelete