Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Big Head Press


As anybody who has perused my website, both of you, will know, I'm a big fan of comics and webcomics in particular. There's a new kid in town I'm quite enamored of. New to me, anyway. That's Big Head Press. I've been through two of their webcomics, one finished and one in process.

The finished one is La Muse. La Muse goes where superhero comics fear to tread. I mean, if you really were super, if you really were a god like being with incredible powers, wouldn't you do something about the world? This is where a lot of superhero comics go off the rails: the good guys in spandex need the bad guys in spandex. Otherwise, they have to really save the world. What's that going to do to the franchise? It's similar to the way Hancock worked. La Muse doesn't have any villains to fight. Just us.

The other isn't finished but has the potential to be very, very interesting: Odysseus the Rebel. Now, I have a soft spot for Odysseus. I even wrote a book (unpublished) derived from the Odyssey.

Grant and Besier have a different take on the story. Odysseus is just trying to get home. He didn't want to go to Troy. He doesn't like the gods-- if they'd leave him alone he'd be just fine.

I haven't gotten through the rest of the stories yet but I'm eager to try.
=====================================
Political Links
The Cost of Cap and Trade

Links of Interest
Cooperative Feeding Frenzy
MARS: A New Kind of Wind Turbine
The Cost of Being Baleen
Psychedelica

DIY
Greenhouse: here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment